The Problem with Maintenance and Accounting Systems
Would you want a gardener to take care of your plumbing? Would you hire a taxi driver to fly an airplane? Of course you wouldn’t. While components of their duties may overlap, they are most definitely not the same jobs, each requiring different skill sets and experience.
For the same reasons, you shouldn’t rely on your accounting system to handle your maintenance requests. Leaving to chance a key factor of resident satisfaction and lease renewals just isn’t worth the inherent risks.
Let’s look a little more closely at what an accounting system offers, that they handle very well:
- Rent collection
- Tenant screening and applications
- Vacancy postings
- Debt Collections
- Marketing campaigns
- Work order submission
Fantastic, right? So what can streamlining your maintenance process offer in addition?
- Receive maintenance requests
- Identify emergencies
- Check the status of a request
- Automated scheduling
- All in one email/text communication
- Automatic approval system
- Reminders and alerts
- Automatic completion verification
- Touch-free status updating
- Resident satisfaction metrics
- Invoice uploading
- Customized tags and reporting
- Turn and make ready management
Curious how it all works? Want to know what you need to do in order to improve your process? We are here to help. Request a demo.